Art Gala to Benefit Young Breast Cancer Survivors
by Jaci Fletcher, YSC Senior Communications Manager on April 12, 2016
April 12, 2016
Jaci Fletcher, Senior Communications Manager
Young Survival Coalition Hosts 14th Annual "In Living Pink" Gala May 20
New York, New York, (April 12, 2016) — Young Survival Coalition (YSC), the premier organization dedicated to young women affected by breast cancer, is hosting In Living Pink: The Art of Survival, May 20, 2016 at Three Sixty° in New York City. The annual benefit celebrates and honors young breast cancer survivors and supporters while raising much-needed funds to provide resources, connections and support to young women during one of the most difficult and challenging times of their lives. More than 250,000 women living in the U.S. today were diagnosed with breast cancer before their 41st birthday. Approximately 13,000 young women will be diagnosed this year alone.
For the first time, In Living Pink will feature a multimedia expression of the breast cancer experience, presenting works by over 50 of New York's top established and emerging fine and performing artists. The evening will feature artworks for auction, live performances, music, dancing and delicious food. TV and Broadway talent Krysta Rodriguez, is one of the performers who will share her vocal talent at the event.
A few of the noted fine artists and artwork that will be on display and available for auction include pieces from the late Toshiko Takaezu, grandmother of ceramics; the late Vivian Maier courtesy of the Howard Greenberg Gallery; Peter Drake, artist and Dean of NY Academy of Arts; renowned sculptor John Mosler; famous Chelsea Market sculptor, Mark Mennin; and Leslie Wayne of the Jack Shainman Gallery.
The gala on May 20 will begin at 7 p.m. with the silent art auction, followed by dinner and performances. Art auction is open to all and bidders do not need to attend the event to participate.
At the event, YSC will also honor a dedicated corporate partner and four incredible volunteers for their commitment and support of YSC:
- Pfizer with the YSC Circle of Excellence Award – for their incredible support and partnership with YSC’s programmatic initiatives.
- Jamie Pleva-Nickerson with the Kristen Martinez Legacy Award – for her unwavering commitment to YSC and advocacy for the breast cancer cause.
- Dominique Daniela with the YSC Champion of the Year Award – for the incredible fundraising she did for YSC over the last seven years via her “Couture for a Cure” fashion show event.
- Pablo Colón with the YSC Tour de Pink Champion of the Year Award – for his amazing dedication and leadership during the YSC Tour de Pink event and becoming the top event fundraiser of 2015.
- Diana Di Mare with the In Living Pink Award (posthumous) – for her longtime participation as a YSC volunteer and peer supporter and for living her best life in spite of the circumstances she faced with her disease.
“In Living Pink is a must for every New Yorker looking to attend a powerful and moving charity event this spring,” remarked Jennifer Merschdorf, Chief Executive Officer of Young Survival Coalition, herself diagnosed at age 36. “We’re honored to have so many wonderful artists involved in the event and we encourage everyone to come out and enjoy an evening of beautiful art and performance to support young women facing breast cancer.”
To purchase tickets online or for more information, visit gala.youngsurvival.org or call 877.972.1011. Early bird ticket pricing is available through April 15.
# # #
About Young Survival Coalition (YSC)®
Established in 1998, Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the premier organization dedicated to young women with breast cancer. Founded by three young survivors, YSC began as a grassroots organization to advocate on behalf of all young women diagnosed with breast cancer to increase their length and quality of life. Based in New York City, with networks nationwide, YSC provides free resources, connections and educational materials so young women with breast cancer feel supported, empowered and hopeful. YSC seeks to educate and influence the medical, research and legislative communities to address breast cancer in young women, and to ensure that no young woman faces breast cancer alone. For more information, visit youngsurvival.org.