Operations Business Manager
Position: Operations Business Manager Reports to: Director of Finance & Operations Status: Full time, Exempt
Start Date: March 1, 2023
Salary: $60,000- $65,000 based on experience
The Operations Business Manager plays an important role in YSC’s business operations by supporting financial and human resource functions. The Operations Business Manager reports to the Director of Operations & Finance. This full-time role is remote and can be based anywhere in the United States. The majority of YSC employees work Eastern Time Zone hours.
Considerations for this position do not have to physically be located in the Eastern Time Zone, but this position may have to, at times, alter hours to line up with the Eastern Time Zone. While travel is not an integral part of this position, there will likely be two different times this position will be required to travel to participate in YSC events. This position will interact with YSC’s constituency during these events.
What are the details?
- Support ﬁnance operations:
- Oversee and manage the organization’s credit card reconciliation and payment processing to ensure accuracy and efficiencies
- Manage weekly bill processing to ensure timely vendor payments and accuracy in coding
- Coordinate vendor management, track external contracts, maintain physical vendor ﬁles and online vendor database
- Assist with the preparation of 1099s
- Support human resources beneﬁt operations:
- Work with YSC’s outsourced PEO vendor
- Creation of and management of annual calendar
- Oversee employee compliance
- Support updates to the YSC employee manual
- Manage the organization’s state registration process and work closely with our outsourced vendor to ensure accurate and timely processing
- Organization of mail scans and ensuring proper processing of incoming mail
- Virtual Office management including: storage unit management; long term storage, and company wide mailing logistics
- Management of annual staff retreat and any gathers of YSC staff; including all logistics, travel and coordination of the event
- Board Meeting logistics and event coordination
- Support of Summit 360 travel grant processing and logistics
- Other duties as assigned
Qualiﬁcations: What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience – You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; plus two years of operations experience
- Grit - You have the ability to keep working toward a goal, overcoming challenges and sticking with it even when it’s hard
- Resourceful - You know how and where to get answers. You are solutions-oriented and are comfortable trying new solutions and finding answers on your own
- Organized & Productive – You are a master at juggling competing projects and priorities; you are adept at planning your day and not letting distractions keep you from meeting your goals
- Reliable – You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help
- Communication - You have excellent communication skills to translate complex problems using non-technical terms
- Collaborative – You believe that creative work reaches its fullest potential with the collaboration of a smart and dedicated team
- Flexible – You are comfortable working with competing priorities; you understand that the medical knowledge and community needs for young adults affected by breast cancer change rapidly, so you know systems management needs a plan that can adapt
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, political affinity or job type—or any other factor that makes us unique!
- Sense of Humor – You don’t take yourself too seriously, and you enjoy a good laugh with coworkers
Why work at YSC?
- YSC offers a competitive benefits package that includes 100% of medical beneﬁts for employees paid by the organization
- Generous paid holidays and paid time oﬀ
- Matched retirement benefits contributions after 12 months of full-time employment
- Collaborative team members dedicated to the mission of serving the young breast cancer community and to supporting each other in our intersecting work
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000 depending on geographic location and years of experience. Young Survival Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, including salary requirements, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualiﬁcations for this position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to: HR@youngsurvival.org with "Operations Business Manager" in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is ﬁlled. Due to the high volume of submissions, YSC will contact only candidates invited to interview. Applications without salary requirements in their cover letter will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.
In 1998, a group of young women, all diagnosed with breast cancer before age 40, gathered in New York City and had the ﬁrst YSC meeting. They had all personally experienced that young adults were missing from the research, community and conversations about breast cancer. More than twenty years later, these needs still deﬁne YSC’s work. Unlike their older counterparts - who are overwhelmingly integrated into the design of clinical trials - young adults diagnosed with breast cancer face higher mortality rates, fertility issues and the possibility and ramiﬁcations of early menopause. From our grassroots beginning, YSC has grown into an international movement. Today, YSC has more than 170 Face 2 Face local networking groups, a vibrant online community, and the largest conference program dedicated exclusively to young adults with breast cancer and their caregivers. YSC also produces free educational resources, such as our navigator series, which are comprehensive guidebooks that address every phase of treatment and survivorship. Visit youngsurvival.org to learn more.